Its that time of year when our cute little ones turn into crazed candy crooks…………and zombies, fairies and ninjas. It’s our job to come up with the best costume EVER!
Let these great pins help
Click here to see more>>
Crazy Last Minute Costumes
Your Besty just invited you and the family to a party this weekend and you have a packed week.
Save the party and read on! Homemade costumes almost always win the contest because they are unique. Sometimes though it is too late for that and you need something quick, easy, yet still clever! Here are some ideas with things that you may already have around the house.
Add to favorite
- Carry a quarter and a hammer. What are you? A Quarter-pounder.
- Dress in pink and carry a feather. What are you? Tickled pink.
- Dress all in black, tie a shot glass around your neck. What are you? A shot in the dark!
- Wear all black and put a postage stamp (enlarged if possible) on your chest. What are you? Black mail.
- Attach suger-cubes (or candy) all over yourself. What are you? Sugar-Daddy or Sugar-Momma.
- Tie an old CD around your neck and carry a lighter. What are you? A CD burner? (DVDs work well too)
- Draw the letter C seven times on face and arms (use safe ink!). What is it? The Seven Seas.
- Get a small weight (e.g. dumbbell) and stare at it intently. What are you? Watching your weight.
- Draw the letter P around the child’s eyes. What are you? “Black-Eyed-Peas”. Be careful to use safe ink!!!!
- Quarter (or preferably enlarged photocopy of one) taped to your back. What are you? A quarter-back.
- Black clothes and white face paint? A mime (you can even skip the paint if it is not available).
- Wrap yourself in some (or all) aluminum foil. What are you? A baked potato!
- Make a large colorful name tag. Say things like “I’d like to buy a vowel” or “Oceans of the world for 500”. Game show contestant.
- Got an old black leather jacket? Hair Gel? Jeans? 50s guy.
- Mix black, white, red/orange, blue face paint and paint bugs and dots on your face. Put a few plastic bugs in your hair. What are you? Bug bites!
- Put a piece of styrofoam beneath an old t-shirt. Stab a fork through it (careful!!!!). You are ‘done’.
- Affix one couch cushion to the front of you and one to the back. What are you? The lost TV remote.
- Wear all white. Attach (or paint) yellow circle to your stomach. You are an egg. Add horns and a pitchfork and you are a deviled egg.
- Get an old box. Cut a hole for your head. Attach book, tissue box, and lamp. What are you? A “One Night Stand!”
- Paint one finger gold. What are you? Gold finger.
- Put crosses all over the clothes you are wearing. What are you? A cross dresser.
- Dress normally. Pin some socks, dryer sheets, hand towels to your shirt. Static cling.
- Carry around some paper. If someone askes what you are tear one up. What are you? A paper shredder.
- Catcher’s glove, loaf of rye bread. Attach the bread to you, wear the glove. Catcher in the rye.
- Wear a t-shirt with a large ? (question mark) on it. Tape popcorn to it. What are you? A pop quiz.
- Wear extra-large bra over your clothes. Stuff with spices. What are you? A spice rack.
- Get some cat and dog stuffed animals. Use double sided tape or string to attach to an umbrella. Its raining cats and dogs.
- Wear normal clothes. Attach a dollar to each ear. What are you? A Bucaneer. (Buck-an-ear).
- Dress in a nice suit. Attach legal documents to yourself. What are you? A law suit.
- An empty box of cereal. A toy knife. Instant “Cereal Killer.”
- Attach unlit cigarette butts to a hat. What are you? A butt-head.
- Black jacket and black pants. (a) Add a beard and top hat and copy of the Gettysburg Address and you are Abraham Lincoln. (b) Add dark glasses and slick back your hair and you are “Men in Black.” (helps to have a friend to dress with!). (c) Add a hat and you are a “Blues Brother.” (d) If you have a white color, you can be a priest.
- Attach a pan to your belt. What are you? Peter Pan
- Find a toy airplane. When asked what you are, hold it in your hand. An aircraft carrier.
- Put a pillow on your back under your shirt. What are you? Quasimodo!
- Put a pillow case on your upper body. What are you? A Chicklet!
- Put a sign that says “Go Ceilings!!!!” on your shirt. What are you? A Ceiling Fan! Cheer to help the effect.
- Attach a muffin to your hat. What are you? The Muffin-Man
- Wear normal clothes, make a sign that says “Nudist on Strike!”
- Construction Worker Costume: Old shirt, work boots, tool belt, hand tools, work gloves, hard hat, walkie-talkie or some combination
- Wear all white. Attach old cups, milk cartons etc to you. What are you? White trash.
- For those times you don’t want to go: say you’re going as a cable-guy – since they never show up; or the invisible man.
- For a couple: she dresses as a brick. You as a mason. What are you? A brick-layer.
- Wear red, white, and blue. Instant American Flag.
- Put a pillow on your belly. What are you? Pregnant.
- Paint a shoebox black and attach it to your back. What are you? A refrigerator magnet.
- Cowboy hat, boots, corduroy? Instant cowboy.
- Bridal gown and sneakers? What are you? Runaway bride.